Communications Coordinator – Teen Tix OFF CAMPUS (1x FED or ST)
Position starting at $17.27. This position allows for a flexible schedule and remote work opportunity with limited,
pre-planned onsite activities when required.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
This position provides administrative support to TeenTix, an arts access and engagement program for ages 13-19. You will take the lead on maintaining the TeenTix.org Calendar, a compendium of arts events happening at our 73+ member organizations. This job is a crucial component of the healthy functioning of our organization.
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented person who is enthusiastic about the arts and interested in promoting youth arts participation. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to making our program better, whether it’s by updating our calendar, talking to students about the program, or participating in long-term planning discussions. Your level of interest and engagement will determine your level of involvement.
● Maintaining TeenTix.org Calendar, a comprehensive listing of all events at 73+ arts venues
in the Seattle area, with support and direction from the Marketing Specialist
● Collaborating with the Marketing Specialist to develop language and communication
strategies that are engaging for teens and young people
● Designing visual marketing images in collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator
● Building a working understanding of: most arts organizations in the Seattle area, the events
that they produce, and their strategies for teen and youth engagement
● Contributing to overall brand development conversations for the TeenTix brand, as well
team meetings with the Marketing Specialist and Marketing Coordinator
● Attending outreach events as TeenTix representative to recruit new members
● Additional administrative support as needed
● Arts administration
● Website content management (a highly transferable skill!)
● Basic photo manipulation
● Arts promotion techniques
● Social networking
● Exposure to arts events and venues throughout Seattle, occasional free tickets
● You will be a fount of knowledge about arts events happening in the city and all of your friends
will be super impressed
● You get to work with fun people who care a lot about art and youth empowerment
● You get to help make the world a better place
● Stellar attention to detail
● Excellent work ethic, high level of personal accountability
● Ability to work independently, great follow-through
● Interest in the arts and in promoting youth arts participation
● Excellent written communication/editing skills
● Ability to perform mundane tasks on a regular basis—this position involves heavy data entry.
● Knowledge of/experience with basic website content management systems
● Knowledge of social networking sites (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube)
● Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Canva (cropping, resizing, etc.)
● Creative writing skills
● Funny meme/GIF-seeking skills
● Interest in non-profit arts management, interest in contributing to larger programmatic goals
More information about TeenTix can be found on our website: www.teentix.org
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of at least three professional/academic
references to email@example.com . Please, no phone calls about this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.