Multimedia Checkout Center
Located on the 6th floor of Main Campus Center (MCC), Cornish’s Multimedia Checkout Center provides students access to equipment for video, film, photography, and audio projects.
Hours: Monday – Friday | 9:00am-6:00pm | Closed 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. for Lunch Hour.
MCC^2 will be open for in-person checkouts for Students Sept. 7.
Staff and Faculty can checkout equipment starting Aug. 24.
MCC² has a 3-day loan period for student checkouts. Faculty may check out equipment for up to 1 week.
Equipment can be requested on a case by case basis for longer periods of time based on availability and high-demand.
To reserve equipment, please make an online reservation. You receive a confirmation email for that reservation before pickup. You will be contacted by email if there are any changes or availability issues occur. Reservations are subject to change upon checkout depending on equipment availability and project.
- You will present your Cornish ID. We will confirm your reservation or have you wait while we gather equipment if you have not made one. (Please make reservations whenever possible, due to the increased sanitation / checkout times you may experience a longer wait if you are dropping-in for items)
- You will be sent a Checkout Agreement with a receipt of all the items checked out to your Cornish.edu email. If you do not have a mobile device on you at the time, we will have a tablet available to log-in and confirm the checkout.
- CHECKOUT AGREEMENT MUST BE CONFIRMED BEFORE LEAVING Multimedia Checkout Center (MCC²).
- Please take the time to review the items, return date, and policy.
Please return items to Main Campus Center – 6th Floor Multimedia Checkout Center (MCC²)
Items can be renewed up to three times if no holds have been placed by other patrons. The borrower will make the equipment available at anytime as requested, it is not a guarantee that you will be able to renew your equipment and renewals must be done BEFORE the equipment is due back. This is a courtesy if no other patrons are requesting the equipment.
Renewals can be done in person, by phone, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Multimedia Checkout Center (MCC²) does not charge daily overdue fines, but if you have overdue items you will not be able to check out anything else until items are returned.
Replacement fees will apply to non-returned items.
Items 30 days overdue will be marked lost and you will be responsible for the replacement cost. If items are returned promptly the replacement charge(s) will be removed. See the Lost Items Policy below for more details about replacement charges.
Items 60 days or more overdue will have replacement charges transferred to Student Accounts to be added to your student bill. Once charges have been transferred they cannot be waived.
Lost Items: General Policy
- In addition to replacement costs a $10.00 processing fee will be assessed for each item. Processing fees are used to pay tax, shipping, and the cost of the materials needed to process items for circulation.
- Multimedia Checkout Center (MCC²) items remain the property of the Cornish College of the Arts and must be returned even if replacement charges have been paid.
- If a student has not cleared their account by graduation or withdrawal their diploma and/or transcripts will be held by the Registrar.
- It is the responsibility of the patron to verify replacement charges have been paid in order to reinstate borrowing privileges.
Damaged Items General Policy
Replacement or repair costs are due if items are returned, damaged or broken according to the value of the equipment assessed by the Multimedia Checkout Center (MCC²).
How to Pay Replacement Charges
If you have lost or damaged items, you will be billed for the items by the Cashier’s Office. You can email email@example.com to receive an invoice for the amount owed. This invoice can be paid at student accounts Cashiers Office