The intention of Arts Incubator is not to create a final, polished product. Instead, the program seeks to give artists time and space to incubate and begin to develop an idea, concept, or exploration. Four groups will be selected to participate in a two-week residency. They will receive free rental space at the Alhadeff Studio Theater to incubate new and exciting ideas.
Cornish Playhouse’s Public Benefit
The program is part of Cornish Playhouse’s public benefit to the Seattle community. The Arts Incubator Program is open to anyone over the age of 18, including professional and non-professional artists, teachers, ensembles and groups, students, Cornish community, and those outside the Cornish community. The artists must be Washington State residents.
Each artist group must have a minimum of two artists but no more than five artists. You may have as many remote virtual members of your team, in addition to the two to five in-person members.
What is provided as part of the program:
- 5 days a week for 8 hours a day, of studio space in Alhadeff Studio Theater. With Tuesday and Thursday’s off
- 1 stagehand support staff member
- Access to the theatrical lighting and sound system
- Studio Space Drawing PDF
- Marketing support for the showings
Each team will undergo an orientation where Cornish will review the space, safety guidelines, access policy, storage, and COVID guidelines.
- Cornish has a dedicated webpage for our COVID-19 Pandemic procedures.
- Cloth masks must be worn at all times while in Alhadeff
- All artists must be fully vaccinated or provide a negative PCR test result every 72 hours.
- Adjustments to these guidelines will depend on the state and College updates to guidelines.