September is the month of Open Enrollment! This is the annual period when employees have the opportunity to make voluntary changes to their enrollment elections for their medical and dental plans, as well as to participate in the medical and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA). All benefit election changes are effective October 1, 2014.
Cornish offers three plans through Group Health Cooperative. Cornish is currently offering the following plans –Group Health Options Core/Base Plan, Group Health Options Plan (buy-up 1), and Group Health Alliant Plus (buy-up 2). The only difference between the last two plans, Group Health Options Plan and the Group Health Alliant Plus, is the provider network. Group Health Alliant Plus allows in-network access to Group Health , Virginia Mason, and Everett Clinic providers. There are several key differences between the Group Health Options Core/Base Plan and two buy-up plans. The Group Health Options Core/Base Plan has an annual deductible of $200 and a 10% coinsurance applied to services other than preventative office visits.
The Cornish Benefits Booklet employees needs to log into Compass to view this page provides information on all three plans.
Please remember that your current benefit selections will carry over if you do not make any changes, EXCEPT for your Flexible Spending Accounts – the 2013-2014 FSA plan year ends on 9/30/13 and you must re-elect the benefit and specific amount each plan year you wish to participate.
In addition, it is important that you take the time to review your current selections and how you use your benefits in order to make any changes necessary during open enrollment. You will not be allowed to make any changes during the plan year (Oct 1, 2014 – Sept 30, 2015) unless you experience a Qualifying Event. Changes as a result of a qualifying event are limited to allowable changes only.
- If you are satisfied with your plans, you do not need to complete any forms. Your current benefits will carry over EXCEPT for your Flexible Spending Account.
- If you would like to make any changes to your plans now is the time! Please complete Benefit Election Form 2014-2015 and stop by Human Resources for enrollment forms to add/remove dependents, switch plans, or elect a change to how your employee contributions are withheld from your paycheck (e.g., pre-tax or post-tax). Forms are due Friday, September 12th!
- If you wish to participate in either or both of the medical or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for 2014 - 2015, you must also make that selection on the Flexible Spending Election Form for 2014-2015. Your 2013-2014 FSA elections do not carry forward into the next plan year!
- All forms are due in the Human Resources Office by 5:00pm Friday, September 12th.
- Elections made during the Open Enrollment period will become effective Wednesday, October 1st
If you have questions about your benefit elections, please feel free to contact Human Resources for a confidential consultation: 206.726.5082 or email@example.com