To Get Started

  1. Complete the FAFSA using Cornish College of the Arts school code 012315.
  2. The Office of Financial Aid will receive a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education.
    • If you are not selected for verification by the Department of Education, the Office of Financial Aid will mail your Award Letter early to mid-March.
    • If you are selected for verification, you will be required to submit additional documentation to the Office of Financial aid.
    • Verification deadlines are June 1 for early admits and current students and July 31 for late admits. 
    • If you are unable to complete verification by your deadline, you will need to provide a copy of your IRS-granted extension to postpone your award but no aid will be disbursed to your student tuition account without completing this process. The Office of Financial Aid will help ensure your 2017-18 eligibility as you actively work to produce verification required documentation.

    When You Receive Your Award Letter

  1. Review your award letter.
  2. Apply for a student Stafford loan or parent PLUS loan. New Students: Complete Master Promissory Notes for the Federal Direct Student Stafford and Parent PLUS Loans using your FSA IDs at PLUS loan borrowers: DO NOT select Apply for a PLUS Loan. PLUS loans are applied for through the Office of Financial Aid. Entrance Counseling must also be completed by new Stafford Loan borrowers.
  3. If you need additional funding, you may apply for a private educational loan with any lender participating in the Private Educational Loan Program. Private loan interest rates vary by lender and loan product. You may begin to research your options at ELM Select. If you experience technical difficulty or need a paper application, please contact your selected lender.
  4. Complete the Acceptance of Loans form included in your award letter or available on Compass. The Office of Financial Aid cannot release any funds into your tuition account until all requested documents are received, including this form.
For information regarding tuition refunds and the return of federal funding, please visit Tuition Refund and Return of Title IV.