Congratulations to the Class of 2018. The Spring 2018 commencement ceremony was held for Sunday, May 13, 2018.
Commencement for the Class of 2019 has been scheduled for Friday, May 10 at 2:00 PM.
This year, the event returns to beautiful Benaroya Hall, home to Seattle Symphony. The ceremony is usually two hours long. Guest tickets or invitations are not required for admittance. Benaroya Hall is located in downtown Seattle, one mile from Cornish's Main Campus Center. The Hall’s address is 200 University St, Seattle, WA 98101. Driving directions can be found at the Benaroya Hall/Seattle Symphony website.
Parking for 430 cars (max height 6’8”) is available, for a fee, underneath Benaroya Hall, with direct access into the Hall via elevators. Other parking lots are close by. For more details, please visit the Benaroya Hall website
Information for Graduating Seniors
- Participation -- You are eligible to participate in the College’s commencement ceremony if you have six or fewer credits outstanding after Spring semester 2019 is complete. If you have more than six credits unfulfilled, you are eligible to participate in the following year’s ceremony. If you are a prospective graduate and have questions about your eligibility to participate in commencement or your graduation status, please contact the Registration & Records Office at 206-726-5089.
- Arrival and check-in -- Graduating seniors should arrive at Benaroya Hall for check-in at 12:00 PM on Friday, May 10. Rehearsal and department photos will follow check-in. Line-up for the processional takes place at 1:30 PM. You must pick up your processional card at check-in to ensure that your name is called during the ceremony.
- Diplomas -- Diplomas are not given out at the ceremony. Final degree awards will be posted to a your record within 30 days of the last day of the semester. Diplomas will be available following the final graduation audit; for most students that will be by June 1. You must provide the Registration & Records Office with the address where you would like your diploma sent; you can give us this in person or on your graduation application on Compass. If you do not provide a diploma-specific address, your diploma will be held at the Registration & Records Office for in-person pick-up.
- Graduation announcements -- You may pick up complimentary, non-personalized graduation announcements from the Registration & Records Office early April. Each graduating student will receive ten complimentary announcements. In mid-April, unclaimed announcements will be released to students who would like extras. Invitations are not required for guests to attend the ceremony.
- Photos -- Photo booths will be available in the Grand Lobby for grads and families both before and after the ceremony. An all-graduate photo and individual department photos will be taken before graduate line-up for the processional. A photo of each graduate will be take after he/she collects the diploma cover and walks off the stage.
- Alumni Services -- The Alumni Relations Office can be reached at 206-726-5052. More information about the Alumni Relations Office can be found here.
Information for Family & Friends
Family and friends of graduates should plan to arrive at Benaroya Hall at least a half-hour before the start of the ceremony. Once the processional has begun, late-arriving guests will be asked to wait or use a side entrance, as the main doors to the auditorium will be blocked.
Information for Faculty
Faculty members of the College are encouraged to attend the ceremony and should plan to arrive at Benaroya Hall at least a half-hour before the start of the ceremony. The faculty processional follows immediately after the student processional. To ensure reserved seating, please RSVP to Dean of Academic Services & Registrar Adrienne Bolyard at email@example.com or call 206.726.5021.
Information for Staff
Staff members of the College are welcome and encouraged to attend the ceremony.