Advancement Coordinator – Part-time
The Advancement Coordinator supports Cornish’s advancement effort through administrative and program coordination, event support, and donor stewardship support. The position requires a self-starter who can to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines; is a good problem solver; and is organized. This is a part-time position, 20 hours a week, and is benefits eligible.
The mission of Cornish is to provide students aspiring to become practicing artists with an educational program of the highest possible quality, in an environment that nurtures creativity and intellectual curiosity, while preparing them to contribute to society as artists, citizens, and innovators. Cornish realizes this mission by offering baccalaureate studies in the performing and visual arts and by serving as a focal point in the community for public presentation, artistic criticism, participation and discussion of the arts.
If you are looking for a culture that promotes and supports creative engagement, consider Cornish. In addition to a great culture, Cornish offers generous paid medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, paid time-off and holidays.
- Database Management
- Acts as liaison with IT and Blackbaud vendor to ensure Raiser’s Edge (RE) is properly maintained and supported.
- Creates and maintains organizational policies and procedures for RE usage standards, coding, record creation, and data and gift entry.
- Coordinates and oversees introductory training of all RE users. Manages and monitors staff use to ensure best use of the database.
- Adheres to confidentiality, data security, and other policies and procedures while working with sensitive information and ensures database quality control and data integrity with all data stored in Raiser’s Edge.
- Identifies data integrity issues and manages a queue of database cleanup projects.
- Gift Processing and Acknowledgements
- Processes daily donations by opening mail, scanning checks, and preparing cash and checks for bank deposit.
- Manages all aspects of gift processing and accounting for donor gifts within the donor database, including data entry, donor acknowledgements, and other gift and donor documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reconciles with Accounting records on a regular basis.
- Generates donor acknowledgement letters and pledge invoices.
- Scans and electronically attaches all pertinent gift documentation to constituent records in the database.
- Data Entry & Research
- Adheres to confidentiality, data security, and other policies and procedures while working with sensitive information.
- Ensures database contains relevant, accurate information and maintains data accordingly.
- Inputs and updates notes, actions, and demographic information about donors, alumni and friends in the donor database.
- Assists with document retrieval and research needed for critical and time-sensitive projects.
- Queries, Reports, and Mailing Lists
- Run simple Queries and Reports from donor database to provide updates on status of gifts and pledges, as well as provide information on donor statistics.
- Pull mailing and email lists for invitations and appeals.
- Manages the online fundraising platform.
- Manages the department’s email inbox and phone, collects mail, maintains office supply inventory, submits work order requests, and handles departmental purchases and reimbursement requests.
- Establishes and maintains organized filing system (including shared drives) and storage of key information (with related processes).
- Records and distributes meeting minutes and action items for the Advancement Committee.
- Provides staff support for Advancement events.
- Supervises work study student on data entry tasks, filing, and research.
- Provides other administration services normal to an Advancement office and carries out additional duties as required.
- Proficiency in using The Raiser’s Edge or NXT.
- Experience with timely and accurate data entry.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet, and email and scheduling applications. Demonstrated ability to complete mail merge, formulas and run reports.
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills.
- Experience in a role requiring a customer service-oriented focus, conveying professionalism and displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fundraising/development.
- Experience handling cash and making deposits.
Reports To: Assistant Director of Advancement
Pay Grade: Non-exempt
Compensation: $26.00-$27.00 per hour
This position is represented by OPEIU.
Please submit the following items to our email, Careers@Cornish.edu:
1) Cover Letter or Letter of Interest
2) Resume or C.V.
3) Cornish Employment Application Form
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cornish commits to demonstrating respect for individual expression and integrity; to promoting the equality of opportunity and rights of all persons within the community and to actively encouraging and maintaining the representation and inclusion of diverse cultures and backgrounds within the student body, faculty, staff and curricula.
We believe that diversity refers to a number of human qualities and characteristics. National origin, race, gender, age, socioeconomic background, religion, sexual orientation and disabilities are characteristics that combine in unique ways, forming the multiple identities we all hold. Those diverse characteristics contribute positively to the environment of Cornish and to an education that accurately reflects and contributes to the complex interplay of art, culture and society.
We hold ourselves responsible to fulfill the mission of Cornish by preparing students “to contribute to society as artists, citizens, and innovators,” and believe that the mission is best served by actively cultivating a positive environment in which to explore and express the diverse perspectives of a pluralistic society.
Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.