Beginning Object Design
Students will be immersed in the world of object design. Hands-on studio work will include material exploration, drawing, and making concept models. Through three distinct design projects, students will experiment with textile design, lighting design, and furniture design. In each project, we will explore the diverse cultural history of design as well as contemporary culture and emerging technology. The final week of the program focuses on how to present our work and mount an exhibition, culminating in a gallery event and celebration.
- Fundamentals of design through exploration and experimentation.
- Explore the relationship between two-dimensional forms and three-dimensional space.
- Develop skills and techniques to communicate your concept.
- Gain experience working as a team and as individuals.
Program Continuing Education
- Fall: September 30th to November 4th
- Wednesdays, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Discipline Interior Architecture
Price $600 for 6 sessions
There are no dress requirements needed for this intensive.