Cornish College of the Arts welcomes passionate students from around the world to apply for admission to our programs in the visual and performing arts. International applicants should follow the same application process as either a new freshman or transfer student.
Students who are admitted to Cornish, but do not speak English as their native and current language must submit an official score from an English proficiency exam. Our minimum scores are:
- TOEFL composite score of 75 (iBT); or
- IELTS score of 6.0; or
- PTE Academic score of 54.
Cornish requires these exam scores, or completion of the Prep Pathway, in order to begin classes.
Prep Pathway at Seattle Central College
Admitted students who do not meet the required English test scores, are invited to pursue an English skill-building pathway offered by Seattle Central College. Students can live in Seattle while they take courses to improve their English skills, working toward transitioning into Cornish.
Learn more about Seattle Central College’s Prep Pathway here
Additional documents required
If you are pursuing a student visa to study in the United States, Cornish will also request:
- Copy of your passport
- If already in the United States, copy of your current immigration status paperwork
- Documentation of English Proficiency
- Financial records showing that you are able to cover your education and living expenses for the first year of study.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org