Wellness & Health Promotion at Cornish College of the Arts cares about the overall health and well being of the campus community. We invite you to take your personal health into consideration in support of reaching your academic and career goals. We are dedicated to providing programs, resources and education about a variety of college-health related issues. For more information, please contact the Wellness & Educational Programs Director.
- Signup for Text Message Emergency Announcements
- Health Insurance Waiver
- Online E-Checkup (all incoming freshmen should complete)
Visit Wellness & Health Promotion at MCC for information about:
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Eating Disorders
- Fitness & Recreation
- General Health and Wellness
- Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS
- Stress Management
- Suicide Prevention
You may also visit the Cornish Counseling Office.
General Health & Wellness
Stay healthy by getting more SEX (Sleep, Eat and eXercise)! In this category, you’ll find information to cover all your basic health and wellness questions including GLBT health information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Cortiva Institute of Massage (Student Massages)
- Department of Public Health Seattle & King County
- Gay City
- Go Ask Alice
- Wellness Info
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- Bacchus and Gamma Network
Food & Nutrition
These resources include basic nutrition information and online food trackers.
Fitness & Recreation
These resources include free exercise classes and community park information.
- Fitness Tracker
- Free Sunday Fitness Classes
- Seattle Central Community College Activity Center
- Seattle Parks and Rec
These resources include information and assistance both locally and nationally for help with healing an eating disorder.
- American Psychological Association
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Something Fishy
Sexual Health & HIV/AIDS
Included you will find information and resources across a broad range of sexual health topics including HIV/AIDS.
- Planned Parenthood Great Northwest
- Coalition for Positive Sexuality
- Contraception Information
- Lifelong Aids Alliance
- Sexual Health Information Center
- Safer Sex
- SF Based Gay Male Sexual Health
- Lesbian Sexual Health
- Scarleteen- A Young Seattle Women’s Guide to Sex Ed
- It’s Your (Sex) Life
- STD E-cards
- Emergency Contraception Hotline (1-888-not-2-late)
- American Sexual Health Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Life Beat
Alcohol & Other Drugs
These resources include online screening tools and information about alcohol and other drugs including local resources for treatment.
Included you will find resources to help you kick the habit!
These resources should help you stay calm and move on.
Included are online screening tools to help you assess if its time to go see a counselor as well as information if you have a friend or family member struggling with suicidal ideation.