Student Life


Cornish College of the Arts provides a variety transportation services to help students safely navigate between parts of the campus. These include the College's vans and shuttles as well as subsidies for public transportation.


Cornish offers a shuttle service to transport students between South Lake Union, Capitol Hill, and Seattle Center facilities. The schedule is available here.

The Cornish evening van will take students home or to a bus stop in the neighborhoods where Cornish holds classes, rehearsals, and performances. For a map of the area served, please go here.


All locations at Cornish are served by King County Metro. To find the best route for visiting or commuting to Cornish facilities, use this Trip Planner.

If planning a trip to Seattle, start with this City of Seattle page, for information on planes, trains, buses, and other modes of transportation available.


All Cornish students receive an ORCA card which allows them to commute in the region by bus, rail or train. The ORCA card issued to students is accepted on Community Transit, Everett Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit, and Sound Transit.

The student ORCA card not cover fares on the Washington State Ferries.  If you regularly travel on Washington State Ferries we recommend that you get a separate ORCA card.  Visit for purchasing a personal ORCA card.

The ORCA card issued to students covers fares on the following:


Bus service on Community Transit, Everett Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit, and Sound Transit.· 


Including Link light rail, Sounder train, and Seattle Streetcar. To ride Amtrak Rail Plus trains get a validation ticket from a ticket vending machine at the train station.  These trains only serve the Seattle, Edmonds, and Everett stations. 

King County Water Taxi

Ferry service between Vashon Island or West Seattle and Pier 50 on the Seattle waterfront.· 

Kitsap Transit Foot Ferry

Ferry service between Port Orchard or Annapolis and Bremerton.


Access Transportation service on Kitsap Transit and Metro Transit (for eligible riders only).  Contact the local transit agency for information on paratransit services.