Student Affairs has the following job and career services available for Cornish students and alumni.
- Postings of non-workstudy jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities
- Career research materials and information
- Internet access for expanded searches related to work and graduate schools
- Job Fairs
- Assistance with resume preparation
Drop by our Resource Room during office hours to view materials or set an appointment for additional assistance. For financial aid and workstudy information, please visit Financial Aid and Workstudy Opportunities.
We now have a new online career service provided through Career Central Network that has replaced the Talent Bank and which provides a better way for employers to connect with students and alumni. See below for more information and links to register.
College Central Job Site
Students & Alumni
Search for part time, full-time, internships, volunteer and freelance job opportunities. We encourage you to sign up and post your resume on this job site where you can search for job, internship and volunteer opportunities. You may also post up to 15 portfolio pieces, an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, and 2 animation files to your portfolio page for our currently registered employers to view. Take advantage of this free service exclusively for students and alumni.
Disclaimer: Cornish College of the Arts and/or any of its affiliates is not responsible in any way for the contents of or the postings of the employment listings available through Cornish College Student Affairs. Students, alumni, or other users of the Career Services of the College are solely responsible for negotiating and executing any contracts or other working relationships with listing parties and they are responsible for being aware of all applicable law (i.e. intellectual property) regarding any listed positions.
- AIGA American Institute of Graphic Artists job and internship postings
- Artist’s Trust Artist’s Trust is a local organization which has job listings, a professional guide with info including how to start and run a business, grant links and newsletters with tons of artist career resources.
- Arts Resource Network Set up by the Seattle Office of Arts and Cultural Affairs, a resource for funding and job opportunities, portfolio building tips, and business tips for artists
- Dance Net Dance job and audition postings
- Emerging Museum Professionals The American Association of Museums’ resource page
- Offstage Jobs National job listings for Performance Production opportunities
- Organizations that Assist Artists with Disabilities This is a partial list of resources compiled by the Office for AccessAbility at the National Endowment for the Arts (Phone: 202.682.5530; TTY: 202.682.5496)
- Playbill Theater job listings
- Seattle Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs Call for artists, jobs and professional funding.
- Seattle Professional Associations Links from the Seattle Networking Guide
- The National Association for Music Education A career guide for current and future music teachers
- Theatre Puget Sound Listings of local theater auditions
- Seattle Public Library Job Resources Links to information about getting started, career discovery and job skills, cover letters and resumes, job searching, preparing for an interview and unemployment benefits.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), 2008 – 09 Edition Information on training and education, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, working conditions, job search tips, links to information about the job market in each state, and more. Find job titles and job descriptions related to your major under a variety of titles.
- An Expert Resume Blog A blog with up-to-date, competitive resume advise
Job Searches & Opportunities
- 4 Culture Calls for artists from 4Culture, the cultural services agency for King County
- Careers.org Career resources and links
- City Year “Give a year. Change the world.”
- Idealist Career and volunteer opportunities from non-profit organizations
- Indeed.com Indeed.com is a search engine for jobs, allowing job seekers to find jobs posted on thousands of company career sites and job boards.
- MonsterTRAK Entry level job and internship search
- Peace Corps Information about and opportunities from the Peace Corps
- Seattle Community Network Resources for local job searches
- SeattleJobs.com Local job search engine
- Shiftgig.com A job search site specializing in hospitality and retail jobs. To search your area, enter the site and click “job map” in the upper right hand corner, and scroll to your location.
- The Job Accommodation Network JAN’s Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR) system is designed to let users explore various accommodation options for people with disabilities in work and educational settings.
- The Riley Guide Job posting search site
- USAJOBS Government job search
- Washington State Employment Guide Official Washington State employment guide
Cornish Library Resources
The Cornish Library has assembled resources to get you started in preparing for a career and searching for a job in your major.