Cornish Student Leadership Council
Taking an Active Role in the Cornish Community
Our mission is to serve as a voice and as a liaison for the student body to
- providing a forum for discussion of campus issues and concerns
- communicating to the faculty and administration
- implementing projects and events
- dispersing funds for student interest group activities
The Cornish Student Leadership Council (CSLC) meets every Friday during the academic year in Room 303 of the Main Campus Center (MCC). Meetings last from 12:10 to 1 PM. Meetings are open to all students and members of the Cornish community.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. Elections for these positions occur in April for the following school year.
- Chair: The Chair calls and facilitates CSLC meetings, acts as a mediator for council affairs, is unable to participate in department quorum unless a tie comes to hand; it is his/her responsibility to cast the tie breaking vote, and oversees program planning progress.
- Vice Chair: In the event that the Chair is unable to complete his/her duties, the Vice Chair will act as ad-hoc Chair, Coordinates and runs elections, and Maintains, distributes, and interprets the CSLC Constitution. The Vice-chair manages and works directly with the Cornish Student Interest Groups.
- Treasurer: Proposes budgets to the council for approval, and tracks and updates the CSLC approved budget.
- Secretary: Keeps track of minutes and distributes the agenda to all CSLC members, insures the minutes get posted to the website and distributed by email, and organizes CSLC meeting location and time.
For more information or to get involved, please contact us.
Meet Your Council Members
Chair: Celine Besson
Céline Besson is and International student from France and Junior in the Design department at Cornish College of the Arts. She has a passion for illustration and concept art and hopes to work in the children’s entertainment field. The Cornish community has helped her feel at home and she is delighted to be able to give back as Chair or Cornish Student Leadership Council.
Community Outreach Director: Sarah White
Hello, my name is Sarah White and I'm delighted to be CSLC's Community Outreach Director for the 2016/2017 year. I am a Performance Production Sophomore emphasizing in Stage Management. I have been involved in CSLC since the beginning of my freshman year at Cornish. I am very passionate about arts leadership, and furthering collaboration in the Cornish Community. Feel free to talk to me about Cornish, CSLC, or any good book you find!
Vice Chair: Kit Bernal
My name is Kit Bernal, and I am the vice-chair of CSLC for the 2016-2017 year. I was drawn to this position because of I am passionate about representation of all students in the current and future environment of Cornish, Seattle, and the world at large. Please know I am always available to talk, whether about CSLC or the latest Netflix binge, in person, through Facebook, or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Executive Secretary: Courtney Butterfield
Hello! My name is Courtney Butterfield. I am a junior in the Theatre Department. In addition to being on CSLC I have also been an Orientation Leader last year and this year. I always have a book on me but if you would like to chat just come up to me! I have no problem setting my book down to chat!
Director of Finance: Alexander Hawker
Alexander Hawker studies violin performances at Cornish College of the Arts. Alexander has a small studio of violin students who he enjoys teaching and doing concerts with. He also volunteers in community orchestras, and is still an avid chamber instrumentalist. When he is not in class or at the Spruce Street School, Alex likes to listen to music, practice his violin, take long walks through Seattle, and play chamber music with his friends.
Event Planner: Mallory Gelineau-Fox
Mallory Gelineau-Fox is a junior in the Design Department, focusing mainly on inked Illustrations and digital work, she hopes to one day work with an animation studio to make children's movies. As a Cornish Event Planner, she plans to bring a whimsical atmosphere into a space where everyone can enjoy themselves and take their mind off class work for a short time.