HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using Cornish College of the Arts school code 012315
- The Office of Financial Aid will receive a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education.
- If you are not selected for verification by the Department of Education, the Office of Financial Aid will mail your Award Letter early to mid-March.
- If you are selected for verification (one-third of students selected annually), you will need to go to www.fafsa.gov to accept IRS Data Retrieval for tax year 2014 and provide all W2’s for yourself and your parents or for yourself and your spouse if you are married. You will also need to provide a completed Verification Worksheet to the Office of Financial Aid. Verification Worksheet is available online. Please submit all documents promptly to receive your best financial aid package. If you are unable to promptly complete verification, you will need to provide a copy of your IRS-granted extension or call the Office of Financial Aid immediately at 206.726.5014. The Office of Financial Aid will work with you to ensure your financial aid eligibility in 2015-2016 as long as you actively work to produce the required documentation to complete verification.
- Review your award letter and use the cost and loan calculation worksheet to calculate your costs.
- 2015 –2016: Apply for a student Stafford loan or parent PLUS loan online using FAFSA PIN as e-signature. You may access the electronic Master Promissory Notes for the Federal Direct Stafford and PLUS Loan Programs at StudentLoans.gov. Plus loan borrowers: After double-clicking the link above and signing in to the site, do not select Apply for a PLUS Loan; instead select, Complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note. Having difficulty viewing StudentLoans.gov? Try this link for help.
- 2015 – 2016: If you need additional funding, you may apply for a private educational loan. You may apply with any lender participating in the Private Educational Loan Program. Private loans are a viable option to cover direct costs with interest rates that vary by lender and loan product. Please exercise caution in your selections. You may begin to review your options at https://compass.cornish.edu/ICS/Financial_Aid/Other_Resources.jnz?portlet=Custom_Content_2013-01-21T20-36-17-452. Click on ELMSelect link.
If you experience technical or processing difficulty or need a paper application, please contact your selected lender by phone.
After Completing All the Steps Above
- Complete the Acceptance of Loan(s) form below. The Office of Financial Aid cannot release any funds into your tuition account until all requested documents are received, including this form.
- Use your costs, calculated in step 3 above to complete the following form:
- 2015 – 2016: Acceptance of Loan(s) Form – All Student and Parent Borrowers
- 2015 – 2016: Mandatory entrance counseling session for first-time Stafford Loan borrowers at Cornish.
To Get Started
When You Receive Your Award Letter