HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Complete the FAFSA using Cornish College of the Arts school code 012315.
- The Office of Financial Aid will receive a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education.
To Get Started
- If you are not selected for verification by the Department of Education, the Office of Financial Aid will mail your Award Letter early to mid-March.
- If you are selected for verification (one-third of students selected annually), you will need to login to the FAFSA to accept IRS Data Retrieval for tax year 2015 and provide all W2s for yourself and your parents or, for yourself and your spouse, if you are married. You will need to provide a completed Verification Worksheet to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Verification deadlines are June 1 for early admits and current students and July 31 for late admits.
- If you are unable to complete verification by your deadline, you will need to provide a copy of your IRS-granted extension to postpone your award but no aid will be disbursed to your student tuition account without completing this process. The Office of Financial Aid will help ensure your 2016-17 eligibility as you actively work to produce verification required documentation.
- Sample IRS Data Retrieval tutorial (update coming soon)
- Review your award letter and use the cost and loan calculation worksheet (2016-17 update coming soon) to calculate your costs.
- 2016 - 2017: Apply for a student Stafford loan or parent PLUS loan online using your FSA ID as e-signature. Complete Master Promissory Notes for the Federal Direct Student Stafford and Parent PLUS Loans. Plus loan borrowers: DO NOT select Apply for a PLUS Loan. DO select Complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note.
- 2016 - 2017: If you need additional funding, you may apply for a private educational loan with any lender participating in the Private Educational Loan Program. Private loan interest rates vary by lender and loan product. You may begin to research your options at ELM Select.
If you experience technical difficulty or need a paper application, please contact your selected lender.
After Completing the Steps Above
- Complete the Acceptance of Loan(s) form below. The Office of Financial Aid cannot release any funds into your tuition account until all requested documents are received, including this form.
- Use your costs, calculated in step 3 above to complete the following form:
- 2016 - 2017: Acceptance of Loans – All Student and Parent Borrowers
- 2016 - 2017: Mandatory Stafford Entrance Counseling session for first-time Stafford Loan borrowers.
When You Receive Your Award Letter