Courses for Non-Matriculated Students
Cornish College of the Arts offers a selection of college-level courses to non-degree-seeking students on a space-available basis. These courses generally run for the duration of the semester, which is 15 weeks long. Students may audit these courses or take them for college credit.
Registration for the Spring 2017 semester will take place for non-matriculated students on January 11th. To find out about additional non-credited courses offered throughout the semester, please contact the the Registration & Records Office.
You must register for classes in person at the Registration & Records Office, located on the 3rd floor of the Main Campus Center. Tuition is due in full at the time of registration. If you have any additional questions, you may contact the Registration & Records Office at 206-726-5069.
Non-Matriculated Student Guidelines
- Anyone may register for any class found in the “College Elective” section of the Course Schedule that has a designated section status of “Open.” A list of all such classes can be found by selecting “College Elective” from the “Method” drop-down menu on the Course Search page of the Schedule of Classes.
- Courses that have prerequisites require a signature from the Department Chair before you can register. An audition or portfolio review may also be required.
- Non-degree students may enroll for no more than 9 college credits per semester. However there is no credit limit placed on courses taken on an audit basis (i.e., no college credit awarded).
- You may apply a maximum of 16 college credits you earned as a non-matriculated student to a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degree at Cornish.
- Classes scheduled for fewer than 15 weeks are subject to the same add/drop and tuition refund guidelines as classes scheduled to meet for the full term. Add/drop and tuition refund guidelines can be found on the Student Accounts page.
- Students must be 16 years of age or older to enroll in courses.
- Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No financial aid is available to non-degree students.