June 23, 2013
New Students—and Parents—What You Need to Know
: Photo by Winifred Westergard..
The latest update for our new students joining the Cornish community this Fall.
We will be contacting students – and their parents – throughout the summer with the various steps to be taken between now and your arrival on campus. Bookmark this blog post and we’ll keep it updated for you. You can also find information for new students here.
If student loans will help you pay for college, you need to complete the following tasks as soon as possible. (And if you’ve finished them, good job!)
Acceptance of Loans - are you borrowing or declining the loans? Complete this form and return to the Cornish Financial Aid Office.
For Loan Borrowers: complete a Master Promissory Note - choose the green “Sign In” box and then select “Sign Master Promissory Note.”
For Parent Loan Borrowers - complete a Master Promissory Note - choose the green “Sign In” box, using the Parent PIN from your FAFSA. Select “Sign Master Promissory Note.”
Complete Entrance Loan Counseling - Click the green “Sign In” box and then select “Complete Counseling.”
New Student Registration is coming up, June 20 and 21 or July 18 and 19. (You can also sign up for remote registration.) RSVP now..
Before you register, these steps must be completed:
- Log into COMPASS
- Parent Access: Under Student Accounts>My Online Account, grant PARENT ACCESS (Mandatory for all students with a parent on the FAFSA, recommended for all.)
- E-Refund: Under Student Accounts>My Online Account, set up E-REFUND (accept and input your bank account information OR decline.)
- Contact information: Under Academics>Advising & Registration, complete the “Emergency Contacts” and “Privacy Preferences” sections.
A detailed checklist is available for you to download.
Subscribe Learn about what goes on behind the scenes of our programs.
- Wearable Art on Display at Core Collection Runway Show High concept meets high fashion in Cornish class project runway show, Core…
- Lambert Heads Cornish-Connected Grammy Nominees The Grammys tap Mary Lambert (MU ’11) and Cornish grad, visiting faculty…
- Cornish Playhouse Invaded by Artists for PlāHaüs Where’s your sense of adventure? It can be found FREE at the…