August 21, 2012
Cornish College of the Arts rules “The Gregory Awards” nominations!
: Cornish students attend Red, directed by Theater Department Chair Richard E.T. White, starring Denis Arndt and Cornish alum Connor Toms.. Photo by Seattle Repertory Theatre.
Four out of five nominations for Outstanding New Play:
- The Callers, co-written by Richard Andriessen (TH’10)
- Live From the Last Night of My Life, by Wayne Rawley (TH ’93)
- Stuck, by Jessica Hatlo (TH’08)
- Sweet Nothing, by Stephanie Timm, Cornish Theater faculty
Eight other nominations:
- Outstanding Scenic Design, First Date, Matthew Smucker, Performance Production faculty
- Outstanding Supporting Actress, The Callers, Carol Thompson (TH’10)
- Outstanding Actress, Dirty Story, Carol Roscoe, Theater faculty
- Outstanding Actor, Red, Connor Toms, (TH ‘01)
- Outstanding Director, Red, Richard ET White, Theater Department Chair
- Outstanding Director, Accidental Death of an Anarchist, Gabriel Baron (TH ‘00)
- Outstanding Director, Jesus Hopped the A Train, Desdemona Chiang, director of several Cornish productions
- Outstanding Production, Accidental Death of an Anarchist, Strawberry Theatre Workshop, Greg Carter, artistic director, Performance Production faculty
Good luck to all of the nominees!
Subscribe Learn about what goes on behind the scenes of our programs.
- Dan Webb, Destroyer, Creator A 1991 Cornish alumnus gains his first museum solo exhibition, offering a…
- Robert C. Jones Retrospective Open at Cornish CLOSING SOON: With works of “passion, pure vision and immersive color,” Robert…
- Art Students Interview Art Students Tag, you’re it: plans, triumphs, worries and work on display in art…