August 21, 2012
Cornish College of the Arts rules “The Gregory Awards” nominations!
: Cornish students attend Red, directed by Theater Department Chair Richard E.T. White, starring Denis Arndt and Cornish alum Connor Toms.. Photo by Seattle Repertory Theatre.
Four out of five nominations for Outstanding New Play:
- The Callers, co-written by Richard Andriessen (TH’10)
- Live From the Last Night of My Life, by Wayne Rawley (TH ’93)
- Stuck, by Jessica Hatlo (TH’08)
- Sweet Nothing, by Stephanie Timm, Cornish Theater faculty
Eight other nominations:
- Outstanding Scenic Design, First Date, Matthew Smucker, Performance Production faculty
- Outstanding Supporting Actress, The Callers, Carol Thompson (TH’10)
- Outstanding Actress, Dirty Story, Carol Roscoe, Theater faculty
- Outstanding Actor, Red, Connor Toms, (TH ‘01)
- Outstanding Director, Red, Richard ET White, Theater Department Chair
- Outstanding Director, Accidental Death of an Anarchist, Gabriel Baron (TH ‘00)
- Outstanding Director, Jesus Hopped the A Train, Desdemona Chiang, director of several Cornish productions
- Outstanding Production, Accidental Death of an Anarchist, Strawberry Theatre Workshop, Greg Carter, artistic director, Performance Production faculty
Good luck to all of the nominees!
Subscribe Learn about what goes on behind the scenes of our programs.
- Monster-Slaying Comedy Opens Cornish’s Theater Season The Cornish Theater season opens with a fast and funny show about…
- Art Walk Displays Collaborative Work Platforms of Exchange, the Junior-Senior Collaborative Exhibitions, is an art walk that…
- Light and Shadows Play in Iida Exhibition Lauren Iida’s cut paper works by their very nature play with positive…