Reports to VP of Marketing
This full-time, exempt position typically will have hours between Monday and Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
As a key member of the Marketing & Communications team, you'll help our 103-years-young arts college lean into the latest innovations of the marketing world, with particular focus on the digital channels where our primary audiences (arts-passionate teenagers) spend most of their time. As the steward of our College's brand, you will empower all units across campus to express their unique personalities while honoring the central identity of our overall community.
- Create artistically excellent, attention-grabbing graphics and templates (still and moving, print and digital) for a wide variety of projects, including web/email/social media; digital advertising; print publications; infographics; and interior/exterior campus signage.
- Work within brand guidelines to create and coordinate the design, layout and formatting of materials that reinforce our vibe and spirit - designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative, graphic and video elements.
- Partner with our Web Developer and IT department to ensure our external/internal websites and electronic assets are useful, engaging and visually exciting.
- Partner with our Director of Communications to update and maintain our database of creative assets (photography, videography, collateral archives, etc.).
- Work with vendors and HR to negotiate contracts and procure bids; coordinate with vendor and internal stakeholders from project concept to completion.
- Lead marketing design team, which may include contract designers, work-study students and/or interns.
- Operate within defined budget and deadlines for each project, keeping stakeholders updated as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design / visual communication or combination of education and equivalent experience
- Experience creating digital assets for social media, particularly Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction
- A knack for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and juggle multiple (often overlapping) deadlines
- Ability to receive and honor input from multiple stakeholders, while graciously and clearly holding to one designated brand standard
- Commitment to Cornish's core values, including the representation and inclusion of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro (or comparable video editing software)
- Core competency with HTML coding and content management systems for websites and emails (e.g. Wordpress, Constant Contact)
- Strong visual, written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation and negotiation skills
- Must submit to and pass background check
- Able to occasionally do light lifting
- BFA is a plus
- Experience in a higher education, not-for-profit, or arts environment
- Proficiency in Google Drive (particularly for project management)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following materials to: email@example.com
- Cover Letter expressing intent and qualifications
- Current Resume/CV
- Cornish College Employment Application
- Three relevant work samples (please submit in accessible format)