Facilities Staff II
Department Operations & Facilities
Reports to Facilities Crew Cheif
Assists in maintaining all College facilities, equipment and grounds in order to help facilitate an effective learning environment.
In conjunction with the Facilities Director, assists in maintaining all buildings and their grounds by:
- responding to work orders and emergency situations
- performing all necessary interior and exterior inspections to ascertain ongoing condition
- performing necessary repairs and ongoing maintenance
- supporting activities related to spaces
- monitoring all life/safety systems
- coordinating projects with contractors and communicating with co-workers about project activities
- Performs various skilled tasks in all of the construction trades including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, etc.
- In conjunction with Facilities Director, purchases supplies via the web or at various locations.
- Communicates effectively with College staff, faculty, and work study students regarding facilities and grounds issues.
- Completes projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Provides guidance to other team members in regard to daily tasks when needed.
- Supports general functions of the Operations Division.
- Participates in emergency drills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma plus two to three years experience or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Valid WA state driver’s license and safe driving record
- Applicable experience and above average knowledge of electrical, carpentry, plumbing, heating, maintenance, landscaping, and grounds keeping related skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledgeable in safe use of power and hand tools with proven capability to operate them
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and basic computer operation
- Certified in CPR, First Aid and Blood-Borne Pathogens (training provided)
- Ability to work independently using good judgment in all situations including emergencies
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently
- Attentive to detail and enthusiastic about quality of work
- Self-motivated, responsible, dependable, and well-organized
- Ability to be flexible, as scheduled work gets interrupted
- Ability to work on call during emergencies and a varied schedule as hours may fluctuate based on the needs of the College
- Ability to lift moderate to heavy weight (at least 50lbs), and work in high places (ladders, roofs, etc) and small spaces
- Ability to stand and or walk throughout shift inside and outdoors
- Good verbal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse campus community
- Must pass background check
- College degree
- Experience working in a not-for-profit, higher education or arts environment
- Overall understanding of all trades but strength in one or two trades in particular
For consideration please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Interest
- Cornish Application
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Position is open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.