Director of Corporate and Foundations Relations
Reports to: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Pay Grade: E, Exempt; Full-Time
$68,000 -$75,000 DOE
Monday - Friday
Supports the College’s advancement program by managing all aspects of corporate and foundation relations.
Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards corporate and foundation prospects by:
- working with VP, Provost and Department Chairs to identify and prioritize annual, capital and endowment needs
- meeting with corporate and foundation representatives to explore and define collaborations of mutual benefit, sometimes in follow up to introductions made by or with trustees and or president
- conducting ongoing research to identify appropriate sources of corporate and foundation funding
- developing strategies and case statements for annual, capital, and endowment support from institutional funders
- preparing, writing and submitting proposals
- tracking all proposals and follow-up reporting requirements
- designing and maintaining donor benefits for institutional donors
- identifying potential sponsors for events and other College programs and activities
- supervising freelance grant writers, researchers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three years demonstrated successful experience in a development and grant-seeking position, preferably in higher education
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of funding resources
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to relate well to a diverse campus community
- Experience in a higher education, not-for-profit, or arts environment
For consideration please submit cover letter, resume, and completed Cornish Employment Application to:
Cornish College of the Arts
1000 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
Incomplete applications will not be considered
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.
Download the form in your preferred format and provide all pertinent information.
Email inquiries and completed applications to email@example.com.