June 23, 2013
New Students—and Parents—What You Need to Know
: Photo by Winifred Westergard..
The latest update for our new students joining the Cornish community this Fall.
We will be contacting students – and their parents – throughout the summer with the various steps to be taken between now and your arrival on campus. Bookmark this blog post and we’ll keep it updated for you. You can also find information for new students here.
If student loans will help you pay for college, you need to complete the following tasks as soon as possible. (And if you’ve finished them, good job!)
Acceptance of Loans - are you borrowing or declining the loans? Complete this form and return to the Cornish Financial Aid Office.
For Loan Borrowers: complete a Master Promissory Note - choose the green “Sign In” box and then select “Sign Master Promissory Note.”
For Parent Loan Borrowers - complete a Master Promissory Note - choose the green “Sign In” box, using the Parent PIN from your FAFSA. Select “Sign Master Promissory Note.”
Complete Entrance Loan Counseling - Click the green “Sign In” box and then select “Complete Counseling.”
New Student Registration is coming up, June 20 and 21 or July 18 and 19. (You can also sign up for remote registration.) RSVP now..
Before you register, these steps must be completed:
- Log into COMPASS
- Parent Access: Under Student Accounts>My Online Account, grant PARENT ACCESS (Mandatory for all students with a parent on the FAFSA, recommended for all.)
- E-Refund: Under Student Accounts>My Online Account, set up E-REFUND (accept and input your bank account information OR decline.)
- Contact information: Under Academics>Advising & Registration, complete the “Emergency Contacts” and “Privacy Preferences” sections.
A detailed checklist is available for you to download.
Subscribe Learn about what goes on behind the scenes of our program.
- Student Drag Show a Blowout Success Artistry, Creativity, Craziness, “Awesomeness,” come out big-time at 2014 Cornish Student Leadership…
- Student Curators Create Pro Shows Art schools should not often have big, empty walls; nor could they…
- Last Nights: Ajax in Iraq at Raisbeck LAST NIGHT! Ellen McLaughlin’s shattering deconstruction of Sophocles’ Ajax plays October 17-22…