Cornish Annex Building, exterior. Photo: Mark Bocek.
1 of 3
Cornish Annex Building, classroom. Photo: Mark Bocek.
2 of 3
Cornish Annex Building, main entrance. Photo: Mark Bocek.
3 of 3
The Annex sits next to Raisbeck Performance Hall, and houses classrooms and design studios for the Performance Production Department.
One of the many industrial buildings constructed in the Denny Triangle portion of South Lake Union in the 1920s, the Annex began its life as the “Office and Loft for Phillip McBride.” Nothing more than this is currently known about Mr. McBride, and history is unsure about the buildings construction. Listed as having been built in 1929, roughly the same time as Cornish’s Main Campus Center (the Volker Building) and Notion Building, it resembles the architural designs of W. R. Grant and the firm of Stuart and Wheatley.