All incoming (Fall 2014) art students will need to purchase a laptop and software before the start of classes. Provided below is a list for you to make sure you have everything you will need.
In order to redeem the education discount you can either take your Cornish Student ID with you to an Apple store, or you can purchase directly through the Apple online store. If you already have invested in a different system or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Art Department Computer Support Coordinator.
- Laptop 15” 2.3 GHz Apple MacBook Pro with minimum of 4GB ram (8GB suggested), and AppleCare extended warranty.
- External Storage External Hard Drive: G-Tech G-Drive mini, 500 GB portable Hard Drive.
- Software Adobe Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition subscription.
Students who plan to work with time-based media may find it useful to invest in a more robust external hard drive and additional RAM for their computer. We recommend:
- G-Tech 2 TB G-drive external hard drive
- RAM Upgrade, 8GB Kit, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800 memory module