Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Visit FAFSA to create your federal FSA ID and password. The Student and one Parent must each create their own federal FSA ID and password
- Be sure to use 2015 tax estimates, if necessary, to meet the FAFSA filing deadline and get the best aid package possible.
- File the FAFSA online as early as possible beginning October 1, 2016. Funds are limited so the earlier you apply, the better. Be sure to use the code 012315 for Cornish College of the Arts.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available to all who apply and qualify. Some funds are limited so it is highly encouraged you apply prior to Cornish’s priority deadline of December 1, 2016.
Applications received after our priority deadline of December 1, 2016 will be handled on first-come, first-served basis.
* If you are selected for verification, you will need to go to www.fafsa.gov to accept IRS Data Retrieval for tax year 2015 and provide all W2’s for yourself and your parents or for yourself and your spouse if you are married. You will also need to provide a completed Verification Worksheet to the Office of Financial Aid. Verification Worksheet is available online. Admitted students go to Compass to complete the whole process.
Students who request a job through the FAFSA may qualify for campus work-study. Need-based work study positions will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit our Work Study Opportunities page for more information.
Washington State Need Grant
The State Need Grant (SNG) program helps the state’s lowest-income undergraduate students pursue degrees, hone skills, or retrain for new careers. Click here to see if you qualify.
Here is a listing of tuition and fees for the 2017-18 academic year. To calculate your actual costs, please use our net cost calculator.
Tuition and Fees
|Full Time Tuition (12 – 18 Credits)||$19,632||$39,264|
|Per Credit (for less than 12 or more than 18)||$1,636|
|Per Non Credit||$818|
|Per Credit 2017||$1,580|
|Exam/Prior Learning Credit:|
Room and Board
|Single (with kitchen)||$6,280||$12,560|
|Double (with kitchen)||$5,275||$10,550|
|Meal Plan A||$1,740||$3,480|
|Meal Plan B||$1,400||$2,800|
|Meal Plan C (Kerry Hall students only)||$1,270||$2,540|
|Meal Plan D (residents w/Kitchens)||$780||$1,560|
|Summer at Cornish:||Semester||Academic Year|
|Room and Board||TBD|
|Application Fee (based on application date)||$20 - $60|
|Comprehensive Fee (mandatory – covers student activities and an ORCA card)||$600 per semester|
|Late Payment Fee|
|Monthly Minimum||$25 per incident|
|Monthly Fee for each $1,000 past due over $2,500||$10 per incident|
|Library Materials Replacement Fee||Variable|
|Off Campus Study Program Fee||Variable|
|Official Transcript||$5 per transcript|
|Orientation Fee (incoming students only)||$175|
|April 1 – June 30||$60|
|July 1 – July 31 ||$80|
|August 1 – August 15||$100|
|After August 15 ||$200|
|Private Music Lessons:|
|Offered inside a student's own department: |
|Primary Lesson (30 minutes)||$260 per semester|
|(60 minutes)||$495 per semester|
|Secondary Lesson (30 minutes)||$465 per semester|
|(60 minutes)||$930 per semester|
|Offered outside a student's own department:|
|30 minutes||$465 per semester|
|60 minutes||$930 per semester|
|Replacement – Mail Box Key||$25 per incident|
|Replacement – Student Photo ID Card||$25 per incident|
|Returned Check /Electronic Payment||$30 per incident|
|Parking Fine||$25 per incident|