Cornish College of the Arts is committed to cultural diversity and dedicated to enrolling students in art, design, music, theater, dance and performance production from around the world. Cornish is proud to offer scholarships to qualified international students and is authorized under U.S. federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
Eric Swangstu at Daegu Girls School, Korea.
- SAT or ACT scores are not required.
- Proof of English proficiency is required. Minimum TOEFL requirement is 80 (iBT). Cornish’s school code for the TOEFL is 4801.
- If you are admitted to Cornish, you will be required to provide proof of finances sufficient to support your studies.
- Students currently in the U.S.A on an F-1 visa need to follow the guidelines for international admissions. Students on other types of visas should contact the admissions office for specific requirements.
- Cornish is able to recommend nearby colleges that have intensive English programs (or ESL) for international students. Students may begin their studies in such programs and transfer to Cornish after reaching the required English proficiency level.
- International students may apply after the application deadline. We recommend that students begin the application process at least four months before their expected date of enrollment. Students must allow time to complete the admissions process and then apply for an F-1 visa through the proper U.S. Embassy or consulate.
- Application materials may be submitted all at once in a single packet or individually at separate times. Either way is acceptable.
- Portfolios may be submitted in person or on Slideroom.com or by CD-ROM.
- A personal interview is not required for international students but may be requested.
- All documents must be submitted in English. Any documents translated into English must be notarized by the translator.
- Admitted students will receive an official letter of acceptance, 1-20 form, and further information on how and where to apply for the F-1 student visa.
- The I-20 form is a legal document that is required for the F-1 visa application process. It is necessary in order to enter the U.S. after obtaining the F-1 visa. The I-20 form is used for travel purposes while the student is enrolled at Cornish.
2014 – 15 Estimated Expenses
|Tuition & Fees||$35,800|