Faculty and Staff Email Login:

If your email account has not been moved to Google by I.T., then login here using Outlook Web Access:

If your email account has moved to Google by the I.T. Department, then login here:

What is Cornish?

Cornish is a four-year visual and performing arts college offering a Bachelor of Music degree and Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degrees in Art, Dance, Design, Performance Production and Theater.

What degrees and majors do you offer?

Cornish College of the Arts offers Bachelor of Music (BM) and Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degrees in 6 major disciplines.

  • BFA in Art: Painting, Photography, Print Making, Sculpture, Video and Digital Media, Performance Art.
  • BFA in Dance: Choreography, Performance, Teaching
  • BFA in Design: Interior Design, Motion Design, Visual Communications Design
  • Bachelor of Music: Composition, Classical Instrumental, Voice and Opera, Jazz Instrumental, Jazz Vocal
  • BFA in Performance Production: Lighting Design, Scenic Design, Costume Design, Sound Design, Stage Management, Technical Direction.
  • BFA in Theater: Acting, Original Works (directing), Musical Theater

Students must select one major area of study before they enroll.

When does the school year start?

Fall Semester 2014 begins September 2, 2014.

Spring Semester 2014 begins January 13, 2014

Is Cornish accredited?

Yes, Cornish is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).

How can I get an application packet and viewbook?

To request a hardcopy of our application packet and Viewbook you can click Request Viewbook or call us at 800.726.ARTS Our website is our online catalog resource where you will be able to view our most up-to-date admission criteria, financial aid information, portfolio review and audition procedures, as well as information about our Art, Design, Dance, Theater, Performance Production, and Music programs

How do I schedule a campus tour?

To schedule a campus tour click on our Visit Campus link where you can RSVP online for tours or events. If you have more specific needs, we can make special arrangements for you when you call our office toll-free at 800.726.ARTS. Our office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. If you’d prefer email, you can drop us a line at

What are your International Student admission guidelines?

International students must submit all application requirements in order to be considered for admission to Cornish College of the Arts and for a student visa (F-1). All documents must be submitted in English. Any documents translated into English must be notarized by the translator.

International students must demonstrate English language proficiency through a TOEFL exam score. Minimum scores for admission is 80 on the internet-based exam. The Cornish College school code for the TOEFL test is 4801.

The $40 application fee must be in U.S. funds, sent as a bank draft or international money order. International student applicants are required to provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover expenses during the expected period of study. Applicants must submit a letter of financial guarantee (no more than three months old) from the parents’ or sponsor’s bank certifying the amount of U.S. currency available for the student’s education. Departmental talent-based scholarships are the only form of financial assistance available to international students.

Do you have a graduate program?

Cornish College of the Arts offers undergraduate degrees including the BFA and BMus. Cornish also offers a post-bac diploma in Early Music.

Do you accept transfer credits from other colleges?

Cornish accepts transfer credit from accredited two and four-year colleges. A maximum of 70 semester credits of Humanities and Science coursework/Studio coursework (determined at the time of the portfolio review or audition), may be granted and applied toward a student’s degree. College level, non-remedial course work graded "C" or better, from regionally accredited institutions, will be considered for transfer at the time of application for admission. Applicants will receive formal notification of transfer credit granted when admitted to the College. Learn more about applying as a transfer student.

What about credits from Running Start, AP, IB, etc?

Visit the link to AP/IB & Credit Policies ( for information about Running Start, AP/IB exams, Prior Learning Experience, etc.

What should I know about applying to Cornish if I am a U.S. Military Veteran?

All of the academic programs at Cornish College of the Arts are approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Board’s State Approving Agency (HECB/SAA) for enrollment of those eligible to receive veterans benefits under Title 38 and Title 10 of the U.S. Code.

Students should apply for admission and for their VA benefits simultaneously. New students should be prepared to accommodate a possible delay of at least two months between the start of the term and receipt of benefits. Please visit the Registration & Records VA Benefits page for more information about use of veterans education benefits at Cornish.

What are your admission requirements?

In addition to a successful audition or portfolio review, applicants will also be evaluated on their academic background. All students must have graduated from high school with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 ( on a 4-point scale). A passing score on the GED will be accepted in lieu of a high school transcript. Home-schooled applicants will be evaluated on an individual basis.  Home-schooled applicants should supply as much information as possible about their home school experience.  If courses have been taken at a local high school or college, transcripts must be submitted.

Are the SAT or ACT required?

The SAT and ACT are not required, but we recommend that you take them. Test scores can be sent to us directly from the testing agency. Cornish’s SAT code is 0058 and our ACT code is 4501.

What is required during a portfolio review/audition?

Students are scheduled for auditions or portfolio reviews after Part-One of their Application for Admission is complete. Click here to find out more about How to Apply Click here for audition/portfolio requirements.

What is your application deadline?

Cornish practices rolling admission; you can apply at any time up to February 1.  After February 1, students should contact the Office of Admission to inquire about space availability.

How much is tuition?

Tuition is currently $35,400 for the 2014 – 15 academic year.

Is financial aid available?

Financial aid is available for all eligible students. Applicants are encouraged to submit the FAFSA by March 1 to maximize eligibility for financial aid. Prospective students are encouraged to speak with an Admission Counselor about any questions or concerns they may have. Call 800.726.ARTS.

Are scholarships available?

Cornish College of the Arts offers scholarships to incoming and continuing students based on talent and talent/financial need. These scholarships range from 10% to 40% of tuition and can be combined with other financial assistance programs. Cornish encourages students to expand their scholarship research outside the institution.  See this link for additional outside scholarships:

Do you have on-campus or off-campus housing?

Cornish offers on-campus housing. We also offer information and services to assist new and continuing students in finding off-campus housing and roommates. Learn more about housing by visiting Housing & Residence Life.

What services do you have for students with disabilities?

Please visit Student Affairs pages for information about the services we offer.

How does Cornish fit into Seattle’s culture and community?

Seattle is a great city for a young emerging artist. Seattle’s thriving Arts community can help fuel your creativity, exposing you to a wealth of new experiences. You’ll also find a culture that is hungry for new ideas and supports the work that Cornish students are producing. Our campus is in the heart of downtown Seattle and in proximity to the entire Arts community.

Do you have a non-degree program if I just want to take a class or two?

Cornish offers a limited selection of non-matriculated, or non-degree seeking classes. These can usually be taken without an audition or portfolio review and can be for college credit or simply for experience. Contact the Office of Registration & Records for more information regarding course schedules, registration times and dates.

Do you have a summer program?

Yes! Learn more about Summer at Cornish.