All applicants will need to provide the following in order to complete their Application for Admission. Online applicants will receive a confirmation and checklist when their online application is complete.
- Cornish Application for Admission print application or submit online.
- Official High School Transcripts or GED score report Transcripts should be mailed to us directly from the schools. Print a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- Official College/University Transcripts Required if you have completed any college or university courses. Print a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- SAT/ACT/TOEFL Scores (If taken) Cornish code for SAT is 0058, for ACT it is 4501, for TOEFL it is 4801.
- Personal Statement Please describe your prior education and involvement in your art form. Describe the work you do and what influences you. What are your artistic goals, what are your passions and what has led you to pursue a career in the field?
- Essay Describe how a piece of art, a performance, a composition, an example of design, a piece of literature or film has affected you. Please describe the work and explain how it affected you. The piece you write about should be the work of someone other than yourself. Check out Essay Tips.
- International Students Info Need information from their immigration, citizenship documents, and/or their passport.
- $40 Non-Refundable Application Fee Payable by check, credit card or online with your online application. Need-based fee waivers are available. Current high school students should request the NACAC or College Board fee waiver application from their high school counselor. This may be sent under separate cover from the application. All other students should contact the Office of Admission.
If applying by mail, send your application to:
Cornish College of the Arts
Office of Admission
1000 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
Consider printing this checklist for future reference.