Early Deadline: December 1, 2014 - No Application Fee if you apply on or before December 1
Priority Deadline: February 1, 2015 - $40 Application Fee if you apply on or before February 1
Rolling Admission through August 1, 2015 - $60 Application Fee if you apply after February 1
All applicants will need to provide the following items in order for their Application for Admission to be considered complete.
- Cornish Application for Admission
- Official High School Transcripts or GED score report. Note: Transcripts should be issued to us directly from the school(s). You may use a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- Official College/University Transcripts Required if you have completed any college or university courses. You may use a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- SAT/ACT test scores if taken. Cornish does not require an SAT/ACT test score. However, we highly recommend students submit their SAT and/or ACT test score if they have one. The Cornish code for SAT is 0058 and the Cornish code for ACT is 4501.
- Personal Statement: Please describe your prior education and involvement in your art form. Describe the work you do and what influences you. What are your artistic goals, what are your passions and what has led you to pursue a career in the field?
- Essay: Write an essay in approximately 500 words from one of the three options below:
Option #1: Describe how a piece of art, a performance, a composition, an example of design, a piece of literature or film has affected you. Please describe the work and explain how it affected you. The piece you write about should be the work of someone other than yourself.
Option #2: If you were given a million dollars, and tasked with “Making the Future”, what would that future look like?
Option #3: A topic of your own choosing.
AUDITION / PORTFOLIO REVIEW
Admission to Cornish is selective. Once you have completed the application, an audition or portfolio review will take place as part of the application process, which will contribute to the admission decision. Information on the auditions and portfolio reviews can be found here:
There is no application fee if you apply from August 1 through December 1. If you apply between December 2 through February 1, a $40 application fee is charged. If you apply between February 2 and July 31, a $60 application fee will be charged. All fees are non-refundable and payable by check or credit card.
Note: Need-based fee waivers are available. Current high school students should request the NACAC or College Board fee waiver application from their high school counselor. This may be sent under separate cover from the application. All other students should contact the Office of Admission at 1-800-726-ARTS.
International Students need to submit a copy of their passport and if already in the United States, copies of their current immigration status. Students who do not speak English as their native and current language must submit a TOEFL exam score of at least 80 (iBT), or IELTS equivalent score. The Cornish code is 4801. In addition,financial records will be required showing a student has at least $50,000 US dollars available for the first year of study.
APPLYING TO CORNISH
Applicants must apply online
Any additional materials can be sent to:
Cornish College of the Arts
Office of Admission
1000 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
Consider printing this checklist for future reference.