Application ChecklistAll applicants will need to provide the following items in order for their Application for Admission to be considered complete:
- Cornish Application for Admission
- Application Fee
- Official High School Transcript or GED score report. Transcript should be issued to us directly from the high school or testing center. You may use a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- Official College/University Transcripts Required if you have completed any college or university courses. You may use a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- SAT/ACT test scores if taken. While Cornish does not require an SAT/ACT test score. we highly recommend students submit their SAT and/or ACT test score if they have one. The Cornish code for SAT is 0058 and the Cornish code for ACT is 4501.
- Artist Statement OR Personal Essay. Writing is an important component of being an artist, and an extremely important part of being a student at Cornish. Please submit an artist statement OR personal essay of 250 to 500 words.
How am I doing it?
Why am I doing it?
What influences me?
What is next in terms of my work?
Personal Essay – Think of this essay as your opportunity to provide us a more complete picture of yourself above and beyond the other application materials. This is an opportunity to tell what influenced your decision to pursue a degree in the arts. Additionally, you should address how you see yourself contributing to the Cornish community specifically with respect to the college’s mission: The mission of Cornish College of the Arts is to provide students aspiring to become practicing artists with an educational program of the highest possible quality, in an environment that nurtures creativity and intellectual curiosity, while preparing them to contribute to society as artists, citizens and innovators.
- Letter of Recommendation. Submit one letter of recommendation from an instructor or other professional familiar with your work (e.g. an art teacher, dance instructor etc.) who can evaluate your technical skills, motivation, commitment, maturity and potential to succeed at Cornish.
- An audition or portfolio. See Audition and Portfolio Review section for details.
Early Action: December 1, 2016 - $20 Application Fee
Priority Application: February 15, 2017 - $40 Application Fee
Rolling Admission through August 1, 2017 - $60 Application Fee