Application ChecklistAll applicants will need to provide the following items in order for their Application for Admission to be considered complete.
- Cornish Application for Admission
- Official High School Transcript or GED score report. Transcript should be issued to us directly from the high school or testing center. You may use a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- Official College/University Transcripts Required if you have completed any college or university courses. You may use a Transcript Request Form to give to your school. The form contains all the instructions they need to send the transcript to Cornish.
- SAT/ACT test scores if taken. While Cornish does not require an SAT/ACT test score. we highly recommend students submit their SAT and/or ACT test score if they have one. The Cornish code for SAT is 0058 and the Cornish code for ACT is 4501.
- Personal Statement: Please describe your prior education and involvement in your art form. Describe the work you do and what influences you. What are your artistic goals, what are your passions and what has led you to pursue a career in the field?
- Essay: Write an essay of approximately 500 words from one of the three options below: Option #1: Describe how a piece of art, a performance, a composition, an example of design, a piece of literature or film has affected you. Please describe the work and explain how it affected you. The piece you write about should be the work of someone other than yourself.
Option #2: If you were given a million dollars, and tasked with “Making the Future,” what would that future look like?
Option #3: A topic of your own choosing.
Auditions and Portfolio Reviews
Admission to Cornish is selective. Once you have completed the application, an audition or portfolio review will take place as part of the application process, which will contribute to the admission decision.
Application Timeline for 2016
Early Deadline: December 1, 2015 - No Application Fee if you apply on or before December 1
Priority Deadline: February 1, 2016 - $40 Application Fee if you apply on or before February 1
Rolling Admission through August 1, 2016 - $60 Application Fee if you apply after February 1