Congratulations on your admission to Cornish College of the Arts! Here is a list of important dates and links you will want to keep handy.
Students use Compass to register for classes, manage their tuition account and financial aid, and track their progress to graduation. Your department may share calendars, commonly requested forms and announcements through Compass: https://compass.cornish.edu;
We recommend using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari when using Compass. If you lost your log on or password, contact Randy Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 New Student Registration & Connection to Student Life
June 20-21 or July 18-19
Main Campus Center
1000 Lenora Street / Seattle, WA 98121
All new students – freshmen and transfers – for Fall 2013 should plan on attending one of these events. Both sessions begin at 9:30 AM at the Main Campus Center.
- Meet your advisor and select fall classes
- Register for fall classes
- Sign up for your Cornish ID and email account
- Receive an overview of your program by the department chair
- Meet new classmates in your program
- Attend a Q&A with Cornish administrators (for parents)
- Learn about financing a Cornish education (for parents)
- Learn more about the residence halls, residential life, student leadership and activities
- Participate in a dinner and evening boat cruise on Lake Union
Details on how to register will be mailed to deposited students. If you have questions, call or email your Admission Counselor.
If you can’t make either registration/housing workshop date, there will be options for remote registration.
Tuition, Fees, Billing, and Refunds
This checklist must be completed prior to registering for classes at Cornish:
- Log into COMPASS
- Parent Access: Under Student Accounts>My Online Account, grant PARENT ACCESS (Mandatory for all students with a parent on the FAFSA, recommended for all)
- Mandatory Action: Under Student Accounts>My Online Account, set up E-REFUND (accept and input your bank account information OR decline.)
- Contact information: Under Academics>Advising & Registration, complete the “Emergency Contacts” and “Privacy Preferences” sections.
Download the detailed checklist.
Payment Plans and Due Dates
- Fall 2013 tuition is due August 23, 2013.
- Payment plan information via COMPASS > Student Accounts. First payment is due July 5.
Download detail about the payment plan.
Reserve your Student Parking Lot Permit via Compass > Student Accounts. Limited availability.
- Campus maps and directions
- Residence Life
- Nearby hotels and transportation information
- Academic Departments
(including examples of current student work)
- Student Affairs Office
(services and resources to help Cornish students thrive)
- Disability Services
(specific information for students needing support)
- Seattle City Search
- Cornish News and Events