Cornish College of the Arts offers a selection of our college level courses to non-degree seeking students on a “space available” basis. Visit our Class Schedule to search for available options. Community members may register for any class found in the Arts Elective section of the schedule that has a designated section status of “Open.” To register for a class that contains the course requisite “Departmental Authorization,” community members must obtain written permission from the appropriate department prior to registration. Course requisite information can be found in the “Course Details” section of each course.
Additional non-credit courses are offered during the summer months and these courses are open to members of the community. Learn more about Summer at Cornish.
Non-degree seeking community members may begin registering for semester classes at Cornish College of the Arts on Thursday August 29, 2013.
Non-Matriculated Student Guidelines
- Courses listed in the “Arts Elective” section of the Class Schedule: These classes are open for enrollment on a space available basis. A list of all such classes can be found by selecting the Arts Elective method from the drop-down menu on the Course Search page of the Class Schedule.
- Courses marked “Departmental Authorization” require the Department Chair’s signature prior to registering. An audition or portfolio review may be required.
- Non-Degree students may enroll for no more than 9 college credits per semester. However there is no credit limit placed on courses taken on an audit basis (i.e. no college credit awarded).
- A maximum of 16 college credits earned while a non-matriculated student may be applied to a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degree at Cornish.
- Classes scheduled for fewer than 15 weeks are subject to the same add/drop and tuition refund guidelines as classes scheduled to meet for the full term. Add/drop and tuition refund guidelines can be found on the Student Accounts page.
- Students must be sixteen years of age or older to enroll in courses.
- Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No financial aid is available to non-degree students.
Visit our course schedules to search for available options.