Cornish College of the Arts offers a selection of our college level courses to non-degree seeking students on a space-available basis. These courses generally run for the duration of the semester, which is 15 weeks in length. Students may audit these courses, or take them for college credit.
Registration for the Spring 2014 semester will open on Thursday, January 9. The Spring Schedule of Classes is now available for viewing. See guidelines below for tips on refining your search.To find out about additional non-credited courses offered throughout the semester, please visit the Lifelong Learning page.
Registration takes place in person at the Registration & Records Office of Cornish’s Main Campus Center. Tuition is due in full at the time of registration. If you have any additional questions, you may contact the Registration & Records Office at 206.726.5061.
Non-Matriculated Student Guidelines
- Community members may register for any class found in the “College Elective” section of the schedule that has a designated section status of “Open.” A list of all such classes can be found by selecting “College Elective” from the “Method” drop-down menu on the Course Search page of the Schedule of Classes.
- Courses that have pre-requisites require the Department Chair’s signature prior to registering. An audition or portfolio review may be required.
- Non-Degree students may enroll for no more than 9 college credits per semester. However there is no credit limit placed on courses taken on an audit basis (i.e. no college credit awarded).
- A maximum of 16 college credits earned while a non-matriculated student may be applied to a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degree at Cornish.
- Classes scheduled for fewer than 15 weeks are subject to the same add/drop and tuition refund guidelines as classes scheduled to meet for the full term. Add/drop and tuition refund guidelines can be found on the Student Accounts page.
- Students must be sixteen years of age or older to enroll in courses.
- Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No financial aid is available to non-degree students.
Visit our course schedules to search for available options.